- This event has passed.
United Nations: 57th Session
11 February, 2019 - 22 February, 2019
The fifty-seventh session of the Commission for Social Development (CSocD57) will take place from 11 to 21 February 2019, at the United Nations Headquarters in New York. The Commission is the advisory body responsible for the social development pillar of global development.
Priority Theme for the 2019 Session:
Addressing inequalities and challenges to social inclusion through fiscal, wage and social protection policies
Review of relevant United Nations plans and programmes of action pertaining to the situation of social groups:
- Standard Rules on the Equalization of Opportunities for Persons with Disabilities
- World Programme of Action for Youth
- Madrid International Plan of Action on Ageing, 2002
- Family issues, policies and programmes
- Empowerment of people affected by natural and human-made disasters to reduce inequality: Addressing the differential impact on persons with disabilities, older persons and youth
Organization of the Session
- Proposed organization of work (draft as of 3 December 2018)
- Current Membership