The Ministry of Family and Social Policy is starting the second edition of the “Self-government PRO FAMILIA” competition, which aims to promote pro-family activities carried out by municipalities. – The pro-family policy is to strengthen the family as well as create a positive image of the family. We want to distinguish local governments that perform these tasks best, says the Minister of Family and Social Policy, Marlena Maląg.
Rules of the Samorząd Pro Familia competition
The competition is open to municipalities from all over Poland. It will be conducted in two stages. In the first, the competition jury will verify and evaluate the applications of local governments. Municipalities can send their applications – a completed Application Form, an integral part of which is a questionnaire and a description of a long-term strategy for actions taken by the local government as part of pro-family policy – from January 21 to March 31 this year.
Chapter – by May 7 this year at the latest. – will choose three municipalities from among the communes that obtained the highest number of points in each category;
- Rural municipality;
- Rural and urban munici; municipal commune up to 20,000 residents;
- Municipal commune over 20,000 up to 100,000 residents;
- Municipal commune over 100,000 residents.
The jury may also indicate communes that it would like to additionally distinguish in the competition.
In its second stage, the Minister of Family and Social Policy, in consultation with the Government Plenipotentiary for Demographic Policy, will select one commune in each category that will receive the title of Pro Familia Self-Government. The winners will be announced in May this year.
– The pro-family policy implemented by municipalities should be addressed to all families, on their material status. The pro-family policy is to strengthen the family as well as create a positive image of the family, including marriage and parenthood. We want to distinguish those muncipalities that best carry out these tasks and create appropriate conditions for the functioning of all families, as well as for the emergence of new ones, says the Minister of Family and Social Policy, Marlena Maląg.
Goals of the Samorząd Pro Familia competition
The aim of the Self-Government Pro Familia competition is:
- promoting family-friendly activities as part of the tasks carried out by municipal governments;
- promoting a positive image of local government authorities as entities creating optimal conditions for the functioning of families;
- selection of leading communes, whose activities in the field of pro-family policy bring results in the form of improving the conditions for the functioning of families and can be an example of “good practices”.This is the second edition of the competition organized by the Ministry of Family and Social Policy. In the first, last year’s edition, 236 communes applied to participate. The winners were Miejsce Piastowe, Pleszew, Boguszów-Gorce, Otwock and Katowice.Additionally, three distinctions were awarded by the Minister of Family and Social Policy, which were awarded to Sędziszów Małopolski, Grodzisk Mazowiecki and Gdynia. The competition jury also awarded Kępice and Nysa.The competition’s partner is the Orlen Foundation.
More information here: Self-government Pro Familia competition